Paging a person or on-call group
To page a person or an on-call group
- Open the change from which to send the page.
- From the navigation pane on the left side of the form, choose Functions > Paging System.
- On The Paging System dialog box, select either:
- Page By Person — To page an individual.
- Page By On-Call Group — To page the on-call member of a specified group.
- Complete the fields in the Search Criteria area, and then click Search.
- Select the recipient's name in the search results table, and then click Select.
If you are sending a page to a person instead of an on-call group, and need help finding the correct person, click View.
- Complete the fields in the Paging Information area, as follows:
Pager Service Provider — Select the recipient's pager service provider.
If you are sending a page to a person, you can find this information by selecting the person's name from the search results list, and then clicking View. On the People form, click the Notifications tab to see the Pager Service Provider field.
If you need more information about the service provider, click the button with the globe icon beside the field. This opens a link that takes you to the service provider's website.
- Pager Type — This field is automatically filled.
- Pager Number — This field is automatically filled with the pager's telephone number, when possible. If the pager number is unavailable to the system, you must enter the pager number manually.
- Pager Email — If the pager has an email address, type it here. If you are sending the page to a person, this information is available on the Notifications tab.
- Manual Pager Number — If the pager's telephone number is not available automatically from the paging system, type the pager's telephone number here.
- Alphanumeric Pager Message or Numeric Pager Message — Type your message in this field. Only one of these fields is enabled, depending on the recipient's type of pager.
- Click Send Page Now.