Hiding or displaying the Task and Categorization tab in Change Management
You can control whether the Categorization tab appears in the best practice view of the Change Request form. The tab appears by default.
If your organization does not use operational or product categorizations (which appear on the Categorization tab) when managing change requests, then you can hide this tab. You do this from the Application Administration console, using the procedure that follows.
You might perform this procedure, for example, if you want to simplify the view by hiding a tab that is not used.
To hide the Tasks and the Categorization tabs
- Log in to the BMC Remedy ITSM suite using an account that has Change Config permissions.
- From the IT Home page, open the Application Administration console.
- From the Custom Configuration tab, choose Change Management > Advanced Options > Change Management Settings.
- On the Change Management Settings dialog box, click Show Settings.
- From the Show Change Categorization Tab menu, select No.
Click Add/Modify Settings, and then click Close.
Users who are logged into the BMC Remedy ITSM suite at the time that these changes are made must log out and then log in to see the change.
If this tab is hidden and you need to display it, reverse this procedure by selecting Yes in step 5.