Hiding or displaying the Task and Categorization tab in Change Management
You can control whether to hide the Categorization tab in the best practice view of the Change Request form. The tab appears by default.
If your organization does not use operational or product categorizations (which appear on the Categorization tab) when managing change requests, then you can hide this tab. You do this from the Application Administration console, using the procedure that follows.
To hide the Tasks and the Categorization tabs
- Log in to the BMC Remedy ITSM suite using an account that has Change Config permissions.
- From the IT Home page, open the Application Administration console.
- From the Custom Configuration tab, choose Change Management > Advanced Options > Change Management Settings.
- On the Change Management Settings dialog box, click Show Settings.
- From the Show Change Categorization Tab menu, select No.
Click Add/Modify Settings, and then click Close.
If you have logged into the Remedy IT Service Management suite at the time that these changes are made, you must log out and then log in to see the changes.
If this tab is hidden and you need to display it, reverse this procedure by selecting Yes in step 5.