Customizing BMC Remedy OnDemand and BMC Remedy ITSM
BMC Remedy ITSM applications are built on the platform supplied by BMC Remedy AR System. This enables experienced administrators, workflow developers, and consultants to extend and customize the behavior of the applications to meet the changing needs of your organization and to integrate them with other applications. For example, if the out-of-the-box BMC Asset Management application does not meet your needs, you can customize it. If you customize Asset Management, you might also need to extend the BMC Atrium CMDB.
Typical customization work includes adding BMC Remedy AR System filters and active links to enhance workflow.
Do not use the BMC Remedy Approval Server forms to define custom rules and processes. Instead, use the advanced configuration options that are available in BMC Remedy ITSM, as described in Configuring advanced options.
The following topics are discussed:
- Customizing BMC Remedy ITSM applications using overlays
- Workflow change guidelines for BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Remedy ITSM
- User interface change guidelines for BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Remedy ITSM
- Forms change guidelines for BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Remedy ITSM
- Administration change guidelines for BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Remedy ITSM
- BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Remedy ITSM customizations
BMC offers courses for beginners through advanced workflow developers. For more information, visit BMC education at http://www.bmc.com/education.