Creating individual and group approvers
When a change request is configured to require approval, you should review who the approvers are and, if appropriate, create additional approvers. The following rules apply:
- You can add Individuals or Support Groups as approvers.
- Group approval requests are sent only to group members with the Infrastructure Change Approver role.
- If an individual approver is needed, only people defined within the User form can be chosen as approvers.
To create individual and group approvers
From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
You can also click Create People in the Standard Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, select Foundation > People > People, and then click Open.
- In the People form, enter the person's required information.
- Define the person as a member of the Support Staff to include him or her as a group approver.
In the Login/Access Details tab, give the person the required Change Management permissions, for example, Infrastructure Change User.
The minimum permissions in Change Management to view change requests is Infrastructure Change Viewer. Users with these permissions can view change requests, but they must use Approval Central to approve them.
- In the Support Groups tab, give the person the Infrastructure Change Approver support role to include him or her as a group approver.
- Add any other permissions as necessary.
- Save your changes.
For more information about creating mappings, see the following topics:
- BMC Change Management approval mappings
- Release Management approval mappings
- Creating individual mappings (for BMC Change Management)
- Creating individual mappings (for Release Management)
- Creating group mappings (for BMC Change Management)
- Creating group mappings (for Release Management)
- Creating inherent group mappings (for BMC Change Management)
- Creating inherent group mappings (for Release Management)