Configuring the AR System settings
The AR System mid tier facilitates communication between a browser (in this case, BMC Configuration Management) and the AR System server. The mid tier lets a browser become a fully functional AR System client.
To communicate with the AR System servers
- In the BMC Configuration Management console, choose Applications > Console > System Settings.
- Click the AR Settings tab and then click the AR Settings link.
- In the Mid tier host field, enter the host name of the machine on which the mid tier web server is running.
Make sure the mid tier is reachable.
- In the Mid tier port field, enter the port number of the machine on which the mid tier web server is running.
The default is 80.
- In the AR Server field, enter the name of the AR System server being used by the mid tier.
In the User name field, enter the user name for accessing AR System.
The user account must have the correct permissions to access the AR System, BMC Change Management application and the Product Catalog.
This should be the user CMSUSER and password created on Creating the BMC BladeLogic Client Automation AR System User.
- In the Password field, enter the password for accessing AR System.
- In the HTTP timeout field, enter the timeout for the web services HTTP messages.
The default is 50 seconds.
- In the Company field, enter Global if it is not entered already.
- To use SSL on the server for communication with AR System, select the Use SSL check box.
- Click OK.