Configuring the AR System database
Every AR System server is configured to a database, which stores the definitions and data. This procedure lets you specify a database location and name so that BMC Configuration Management Report Center can leverage the AR System Product Catalog to generate inventory reports with normalized names, reports based on BMC Atrium CMDB queries, and so on.
To establish a communication link between BMC Configuration Management and the BMC Remedy AR System database with the proper user name and password that allows connectivity to the Product Catalog, you must run the AR Database Security script. The script creates a database user (the default is CCM_USER) who has read-only access to selected data in the BMC Remedy AR System database.
To communicate with the AR System database
- Choose Applications > Console > System Settings.
- Click the AR Settings tab, and then click the AR Database link.
- In the AR database type field, select a database type from the list.
- In the AR database host name field, enter the name of the machine on which the AR System database is running.
- In the AR database port field, enter the port number used to remotely connect to the database.
Port numbers are usually 1521 for Oracle, and 1433 for Microsoft SQL Server.
- In the AR database service name field, enter the AR System database name. The default is ARSystem.
- In the AR database user name field, enter the user name created by the BMC Remedy AR System database security script.
- In the AR database user password field, enter the password created by the AR System database security script.
- Click OK.