Configuring exit criteria
The Exit Criteria milestones define which action should occur (for example, Warning or Error) at the exit of each milestone.
Configuring exit criteria for milestones
In addition to the exit criteria supplied out-of-the-box for you, the Release Management administrator can define new exit criteria. You can configure exit criteria for each company, or create new global priorities. If you create and enable new exit criteria, it overrides the default setting, unless you disable it.
For example, the following exit criteria indicate that, before a release for Acme Inc. can exit the Deployment milestone, the system must verify if all changes are in Completed status:
- Milestone = Deployment
- Request Type = Change
- Status to Check For = Completed
- Action = Error
If they are not, the system displays an error message.
To configure exit criteria
- In the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Release Management> Advanced Options> Milestone Configuration, and then click Open.
- Click the Exit Criteria tab.
- In the Milestone field, specify the release milestone (for example, Deployment).
- In the Request Type field, specify the application request type (for example, Activity).
You can specify the following types:
- Change and Activity
- In the Status to Check For field, specify the release status (for example, Completed or Closed).
- In the Action field, specify the level of enforcement that applies to the release criteria (for example, Warning or Error).
- Click Add.