Remedy IT Service Management contains a set of approval process configuration records that are predefined and loaded with the application.
The approval process configuration records for managing change and release requests are tightly integrated with the Approval Server, which is shipped with Remedy AR System. The Approval Server should be installed on the computer where Remedy ITSM is installed.
To manage your change request approval process, you must understand at a high-level the different state transitions that a change request passes through. You must know how to map approval processes to approval phases, and how to define approvers for each phase.
- Configuring approvals - Quick start
- Permissions and roles required to configure BMC Change Management approvals
- Approval states on the Status Flow tab
- Viewing approval processes in the Approval Server (advanced information)
- BMC Change Management approval state transitions
- Understanding the relationship between company and global approval process configuration
- Default global approval processes for Release Management
- Default global approval processes for BMC Change Management
- Approval process types
- How approvals work with change requests
- Working requests through the approval phases
- Configuring email-based approvals
For additional information, you can view the BMC Communities blog post, Change Management Application Support (June 2013).