Best Practice view - Change Request form
The Best Practice view is an improved version of the Change Request form. In this view, the fields most commonly used for creating change requests are immediately visible. You can access additional, less frequently used functionality from the tabbed sections of the form or from the links in the Navigation pane.
The following list outlines Best Practice view features:
- Coordinator Group field — The Coordinator Group and the Change Coordinator fields replace the Change Assignee field. Use the Coordinator Group field to select a support group. The support groups that appear in the menu each have at least one member with a Change Coordinator functional role. From the Coordinator Group menu, you select the company, the organization, and then the support group. Only the selected support group name appears in the Coordinator Group field. You can type only a few characters and press Enter. If a unique match is found, the field is populated with the value or a list of coordinator groups is displayed from which you can select a value, if multiple matches are found.
- Change Coordinator field — Use the Change Coordinator field to select a Change Coordinator for the change request. The people whose names appear on this menu belong to the support group selected in the Coordinator Group field and have a Change Coordinator functional role. You can type only a few characters and press Enter. If a unique match is found, the field is populated or a list of change coordinator belonging to the selected coordinator group is displayed from which you can select a value, if multiple matches are found.
- Service field — The Service field relates business service configuration items (CIs) to the change request at the time it is created.
- Template field — The Template field encourages the use of templates. For information about the benefits of using templates and how to select a template for a change request, see Selecting change templates.
- Class field — The Class field now behaves as the Change Timing field. It specifies the relative urgency of the change, so that the approvers can assess its magnitude.
The following figure illustrates the Best Practice view.
Change Request form — Best Practice view