Adding alternate approvers
Sometimes an approver might be unavailable because of a scheduled vacation or business event. For that period of time, the approver should designate an alternate approver because change requests still require approval.
From the People form, you can set up one or more people to approve change requests that are pending your approval, for example, to add the change manager or change coordinator as an alternate approver.
You can configure alternate approvers only for yourself.
To add alternate approvers for people
- Open the People form.
- Search for yourself.
- Select your record, then click the Alternate Approvers tab.
- Click Update Alternate Approvers.
The Alternate Approvers form appears.
- To locate the alternate approver, click Search.
- In the People Search form, select the alternate approver, then click Select.
- Select the start date and the end date.
- In the Notify Alternate field, select whether to notify the alternate approver.
- In the Covering field, select whether this will be an alternate for all approvals or only for a specific process.
- If you selected Specific Process in the Covering field, select the applicable process in the Process field.
- Click Add.