Activating the integration
Next, provide the CMS Host and DM Host names and set the status to Active. This step enables links between the BMC Configuration Management system, Change Management, and TMS.
You must have Task Administrator or Task Application Config permissions to perform this procedure.
To activate the integration
- On the IT Home page, click the Application Administration Console link.
- Click the Custom Configuration tab.
From the Application Settings list, choose BMC Configuration Management > Integration > Application Configuration, and then click Open.
On the CMS Configuration Management form, you specify the Configuration Management CMS and DM host and port information and save the record. This updates the URLs for accessing Configuration Management with the correct host and port information. URLs are defined using the Command Automation Interface options on the Application Administration Console. For more information, see Register applications with Command Automation Interface (CAI).
- Click the New Search toolbar icon and then click Search.
- In the list of application configuration records, select the BMC Change Management application.
- In the CMS Host field, type the name or IP address of the machine that hosts your BMC CM Common Management Services (CMS) console.
You should enter the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) of the server, for example,
hostname.sales.bmc.com, not just its host name.
- In the CMS Port field, type the port number for the CMS host server (for example, 8888).
- In the DM Host field, type the name or IP address of the machine that hosts BMC CM Deployment Manager.
This could be the same server that hosts CMS, or a different server. You should enter the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) of the server, for example, hostname.sale.bmc.com, not just its host name.
- In the DM Port field, type the port number for the DM host server (for example, 8000).
- In the Status field, change the status from Proposed to Active.
- Optionally, select the Use SSL checkbox if secure socket layer is in use.
Click Save to activate the integration.
This updates the CAI entries with the host and port values entered and enables the integration.
Updates of the CMS host and port plus the DM host and port from this configuration form to the CAI records (where the commands are stored) are one direction only. If you are using this configuration form to make updates, you must continue to do so to keep it synchronized. If you make any updates for the host names and port numbers directly to the CAI records, then the configuration record does not resolve the differences.