Acting as an alternate approver
If you are acting as an alternate approver of a change request, you have the same signature authority as the approver for whom you are serving. Your authority as an alternate approver exists for a specific time period, and for the designated approval process or processes.
To act as an alternate approver
- Open the Approval Console.
From the Action Menu, click Search My Approvals.
Entering information to act as an alternate approver
- In the Acting As field, select Alternate.
- In the User field, type the name of the user for whom you are acting as the alternate.
You must enter that user's exact AR System logon name.
- Select the approval process.
- Verify that the Approval Status field is set to Pending.
- Click Search.
The Approval Requests table is populated with the pending requests for the user for whom you are acting as alternate, instead of your own pending requests.