Using phases with change requests
Change Management introduced the task management feature that allowed you to complete tasks during any phase of a change request, not just the Implementation phase as in earlier versions.
For more information, see Task Phase Management.
To use phases with change requests
- Create or open a change request.
- Enter the required information.
- Click the Tasks tab.
If Phase Management has been enabled, the Phase field appears on the Change form above the Tasks and Task Groups table.
- From the Phase field, choose a phase.
- Relate an ad hoc task, task template, or task group template to the change request.
- Assign a task implementer to the task.
After you select a phase and relate your tasks, the Related Templates table shows only tasks included with that phase.
- Repeat step 4 through step 6 until you finish all the phases and all the tasks to include in the change request.
- Save the change request.
- Use the Process Flow Status bar to move the change request through the change management lifecycle.
Tasks remain in Staged status until they are ready to be worked on. When you enter a stage in the life cycle that includes tasks, the status of those tasks is set to Assigned. The task implementers are then notified (by email or BMC Remedy Alert) of tasks assigned to them.
Open the tasks defined for the stage and complete them.
If validation of tasks performed in that phase is enabled, you must close any tasks activated for that phase before you can move the change request to the next stage.
- Continue to use the Process Flow Status bar to move the change request through its life cycle until all the tasks are completed and you reach the Closed stage.