Relating configuration items to change requests
You can relate configuration items to CI requests.
To relate CIs to change requests
- Open a change request, and then click the Relationships tab.
(Optional) In the Alternate Data Set field, select a dataset to relate with configurations items (CIs).
For more information, see Relating CIs to alternate datasets.
The Alternate Data Set field on the Relationships tab defines the dataset that will be used to search for a CI. For more information about datasets, see .
- From the Request Type field, select Configuration Item, and then click Search.
- On the CI Relationships Search form, complete the search criteria tabs with the relevant information, and then click Search.
Matching results appear in the CIs table.
- In the Relationship Type field, select the type to relate with the change request, for example, Installs.
For more information on relationship types, see CI relationship types.
The original change request and the related configuration item appear in the Relationships tab.
When you relate a CI to a change, the CI's Impacted Areas can be automatically copied into the change's Impacted Areas, based on the Relationship Type. This allows for impact analysis within the change record and makes sure that Change Approvers can be generated based on any Impacted Area Approval mappings related to moves, upgrades, impact, or repairs. In the SYS:Association Types form, administrators can define whether a particular Relationship Type copies the CI's Impacted Area to the change.
To unrelate CIs from change requests
- In the Show Related field on the Relationships tab of the Change form, select Configuration Item.
- Select the configuration item to unrelate, and then click Remove.