Mapping input and output variables
Variable mappings enable data to be passed in to and out of fields when the task group is executed. To define variable mappings, you map an existing variable to or from a field.
To map an input and output variable mapping to a task group template
- On the Task Group Template form, click the Input tab.
If any input variable mappings have been defined, they are displayed in the Input Variable Mapping table.
- In the From Variable list, choose the variable to map.
- On the To Field field, choose the field to relate the variable to.
In the execution stage, a pool of fields (for example, Character01) is available in the Data tab of the Task runtime form for variable usage. The To Field list includes all the fields contained in the Task Group runtime form. You generally should not map to Display Only fields. If you do so, the value assigned is not retained.
- Click Add.
The variable mapping appear in the Input Variable Mapping table.
- Click Save, and then click the Output tab.
If any output variable mappings have been defined, they are displayed in the Output Variable Mapping table.
- Click the From Field list.
The list includes all the fields contained in the Task Group runtime form.
- In the To Variable list, choose the variable to map to.
For output variables, you can map only to Local and Global.
- Click Add, and then click Save.
The variable mapping appears in the Output Variable Mapping table.
- Continue setting up the task group template, as described in Defining operations for completing tasks.