You can use the Manage Inventory function to track bulk inventory items and other CIs that are available for deployment.
- Managing inventory tasks
- Placing non-bulk CIs in inventory
- Placing bulk CIs in inventory
- Managing inventory locations
Before you can track inventory, you must:
- Create bulk inventory CIs, or other CIs to be tracked as inventory. For more information, see To create a bulk inventory CI or To create a computer system CI.
- Create inventory location CIs. For more information, see To create an inventory location CI.
- For bulk inventory, specify the received quantity and the inventory locations. For more information, see To place bulk CIs in inventory.
- For non-bulk inventory CIs, set the inventory status to In Inventory, and select a location. For more information, see To place non-bulk CIs in inventory.