Remedy Change Management 18.08
Learn what’s new or changed for BMC Change Management version 18.08, including new features, urgent issues, documentation updates, and fixes or patches.
This section only includes information about changes since the most recent release of BMC Change Management. If you are upgrading from a previous release, review the release notes for all applicable versions of the product. For example, if you are upgrading from version 9.0, review the release notes for versions 9.1 and 18.05.
To stay informed of changes to this space, place a watch on this page.
|November 29, 2018||18.08.01: Patch 1 for version 18.08|
This patch consolidates all the Hot Fixes delivered for Change Management and Release Management version 18.08 and later into a single patch release.
|August 31, 2018||18.08 enhancements|
In the Remedy IT Service Management Suite 18.08 release the BMC Helix Cognitive Automation feature is enhanced to automatically apply template to change requests that are created by using emails.
As an end user, access and navigate the interface and work with records and reports.
As a developer, customize BMC Remedy ITSM and develop integrations.
As an administrator, configure application preferences and options for Remedy Change Management.
As an administrator, set up integrations with other BMC products or third-party software.
Resolve common issues or errors, review logs, or contact Support.
(On-premises only) Plan an installation or upgrade based on recommended deployment architecture, best practices, sizing, and system requirements.
(On-premises only) Install and perform initial system configuration.
(On-premises only) Upgrade based on the latest system requirements and software.
- BMC Communities, BMC Remedy community
- Change Management Support page, Remedy Change Management Support
- Search the BMC Support Knowledge base
- BMC Educational Services, Remedy ITSM Suite learning path
- BMC Global Services, Remedy ITSM offerings
- www.bmc.com information about Remedy ITSM Suite
- Documentation for related products
- BMC IT Service Management Suite documentation
- BMC Asset Management documentation
- BMC Knowledge Management documentation
- BMC Service Desk documentation
- BMC Service Level Management documentation
- BMC Service Request Management documentation
- BMC Remedy AR System Server documentation
- BMC Atrium Core documentation
The following site, which is not created or endorsed by BMC, also provides information that you might find helpful:
- The Action Request System discussion list, ARSLIST
Use the Application Administration Console to add risk factors and risk factor questions. For instructions, refer to the following topics:
Use the Alternate Approvers tab on the CTM:People form to set up alternate approvers. For more information, see Adding alternate approvers.
Alternatively, you can use the AP:Administration form to define a process administrator for the approval process. For more information, see Working with the AP-Administration form in the Remedy AR System online documentation.
See Requesting more information about approval requests in the Remedy AR System online documentation.
See Viewing and responding to More Information requests in the Remedy AR System online documentation.
Use the Change Configuration Rules form to enable Task Phase Management. For more information, see Configuring change rules.
Also see related topics:
Use the Application Administration Console to define a custom change lifecycle and custom status transitions. For instructions, see Configuring custom process flows.
On the Change Configuration Rules form, set Assignment Engine Integration to No. For more information, see Configuring change rules.
Use the Notification tab on the AP:Administration form to create notifications. For more information, see Defining notifications in the Remedy AR System online documentation.
Perform the following steps:
- In the Applications sliding menu, select Quick links > Approval Administration Console > Server settings (in the navigation panel) to open the AP:Admin-ServerSettings form.
- Select the Approval Debug Mode check box.
- Specify the location of the log file.
- Click Save.
For more information, see BMC Remedy Approval Server debug log in the Remedy AR System online documentation.
Log in or register to comment.