Configuring notification rules
You can configure the rules in which the change manager, change coordinator, and change requester are notified (for example, the change manager is notified when the Status of a change request is set to Planning in Progress and the Status Reason is set to Assigned).
To configure notification rules
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Change Management > Advanced Options > Rules, and then click Open.
The Change Configuration Rules form appears.
- Click the Notification tab.
Some notification rules are automatically defined during installation.
- You can select a rule, then click View to display it or modify it, if needed.
- You can select a rule, then click Delete to remove it.
- Click Add.
The Notification Rules dialog box appears. You use this dialog box to create new notification rules.
- Define the status of your new rule (for example, Proposed or Enabled).
- Select the roles you want to notify (for example, Change Manager only).
- Select the change status for which you want the notification sent (for example, Draft).
Notifications to the change manager and change coordinator are configured out of the box only for the following change states: Request For Change, Planning In Progress, Scheduled For Approval, Cancelled, Rejected, and Completed. The change requester is notified when the change state is Cancelled.
- (Optional) Select a status reason.
If you select the Planning In Progress state, you can include a status reason (for example, Accepted). But not all changes states include status reasons.
- Enter a helpful description of the new change rule (for example, the status that triggers the notification).
- Click Save.