When a user selects the impact and urgency of a change request, BMC Change Management adds the numerical weights together to calculate the priority weight and assign a descriptive priority, such as Critical.
The Change Prioritization form shows the prioritization formulas.
If you change the weight for an impact or urgency level, or change a priority weight range, you must reselect the impact or urgency in the applicable prioritization formulas.
To configure change prioritization
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Change Management > Advanced Options > Change Prioritization > Change Prioritization, and then click Open.
The Change Prioritization form appears in New mode.
- To change to Search mode, click Search on the form in a browser.
- Search for the appropriate rule, and then open it.
Example of change prioritization
Click the following figure to expand it.
- Reselect the impact level from the Impact list.
The value of the impact weight is updated to the current value.
- Reselect the urgency level from the Urgency list.
The value of the urgency weight is updated to the current value.
- In the Description field, you can enter a descriptive note.
- Click Save.
- Repeat step 4 through step 8 for each prioritization formula that contains a changed impact weight or changed urgency weight.