Entering activity work information
You sometimes need to modify the activity with work history entries that you can create during its life cycle to document activities performed or information gathered. You use the Work Info tab to add work information regarding tasks performed on the current activity. For example, you can track an activity's progress by recording the steps you took to implement it in the work history, or you can attach a detailed training plan as part of your overall release strategy.
As you track and supervise an activity, you move it from one status to another, for example, from Assigned to In Progress. The activity should follow the stages in the recommended life cycle. If you have simple activities or activities that are already underway, you might see that the status is set to Pending or some other status.
You can categorize work information about the activity (for example, General Information).
To add work information to an activity
- On the Release Management console, select the activity from the Change Requests and Activities table, and click View. The activity is displayed in the Activity form.
- Make the appropriate changes.
- Click the Work Info tab and take the following steps:
- From the Work Info Type list, select the type of work information you want to add.
- From the Source list, select the source of this information.
Information sources can include, for example, email, system assignment, or the Web.
- Enter the details of your work information record in the Summary and Details fields.
- To add an attachment to the record, right-click in the attachment table and select Add from the menu that appears. With browsers, click the Add button.
From the Locked list, select Yes or Noto lock the log.
If you select Yes, you cannot modify the work log after you save it.
- From the View Access list, select one of the following options:
- If you want only users within your organization to see the entry, select Internal.
- If you want everyone with access to the system to see the entry, including requesters, select Public.
When you finish updating the record, click Save.
The Save operation adds your entry to the work log history. If your user ID does not have permission to modify the record, the Save button is disabled. In this case, clicking the Add to Work Info History button saves the work info entry
- To see a report of the activities you performed against this activity, click Report.
To display all entries for work information history, click View.
When you return to the Release Management console, you might need to refresh the Change Requests and Activities table to display all the modified records.
- Save your changes.