Accessing and navigating the interface
This section provides the following information:
Accessing the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite applications
This section describes how to start the BMC Remedy IT Service Management suite of applications from your browser and navigate through the application.
To log in and access the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite applications
- Type the following URL into your browser:
- <webServer>: Fully qualified name of the BMC Remedy Mid Tier system, specified in the format server_name.company.com.
- <port>: (Optional) Port number (required if the web server is not on the default port)
- In the User Name and Password fields of the Welcome page, enter your user name and password.
Click Login. The IT Home Page opens.
The IT Home page opens by default, however, system administrators can use to open, instead.
Navigating the interface
The following topics provide general information about how to work in the BMC Change Management user interface:
- IT Home page
- Navigating consoles, forms, and modules
- User interface standards for field labels
- Icons used in the interface
- Using the Change Management Console and the Change form
- Using the Release Management console and the Release form
- Using the Change Management Dashboard
- Tooltip data shown in consoles
- Working with the Requester console
- Working with the Overview console
- Best Practice view - Change Request form
- Best Practice view - Release Request form
- Benefits of Best Practice view in the Release Management module
- Benefits of Best Practice view in BMC Change Management