Installing and configuring Integration Studio
This topic explains the prerequisite tasks, and procedures to install and configure Integration Studio.
Review the hardware and software requirements and complete the following tasks before you install Integration Studio:
Install Oracle client
Oracle client is required to provide Oracle database connectivity to develop Reports. Installation of Oracle client is not mandatory if you do not plan to connect to an Oracle database.
Configure Oracle JDBC driver location
If you want to develop ETLs in Java that connect to an Oracle database as a data source, it is necessary to add the Oracle driver to the ETL project.
- Right-click on the root node of the project
- Select Build path > Configure build path > Libraries > Add external Jar.
Install Oracle JDBC driver
To allow Integration Studio to connect to the TrueSight Capacity Optimization database, the Oracle driver must be saved in the following sub-folder of the base Integration Studio installation directory:
The driver file is available in the following client installation directory of Oracle:
- $ORACLE_HOME\jdbc\lib subfolder
The name of the driver file is structured as ojdbcVERSION.jar, where VERSION is the version of the driver file that is being used.
Ensure that Integration Studio is not running while the Oracle driver is being copied.
Installing Integration Studio
Integration Studio is available for download from the Tools section after logging in to the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console.
If you are on another screen in the console, click Home in the the upper-right corner to view this screen. Alternatively, click BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization on the upper-left.
Integration Studio is available as a JAR package.To install the Integration Studio, run the Java -jar <filename> from the supported version of JDK package and follow the on-screen instructions.
When you run the installer for the first time, you will need to select a workspace (a folder where all your development projects will be stored).
When installing on Windows 7:
- It is not advisable to place the workspace under the
C:\Program Filesfolder as this will prevent the installation from inheriting required permissions. It is recommended to allow the installer to use its default workspace path, which is usually your
User Home, for example
- Run the command prompt as an administrator to start Java.
Configuring Integration Studio
After you have installed Integration Studio, you must configure access credentials to TrueSight Capacity Optimization deployment. To do this, open Integration Studio, select a default workspace, and run the following steps:
- Click Window > Preferences
- Under Preferences, click Integration Studio
- Enter the following connection parameters for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization:
- Console URL. (For instance, http://<server_address>/console)
- Console Username and Console Password for authentication.
- Click Test connection to verify the connection parameters.
- Click Refresh Local Database to import the dataset and metric definitions from TrueSight Capacity Optimization. These definitions are useful as a reference during custom connector development and for publishing the custom connector. You can run this step again at any time.
Click Apply to save the changes.
Your Integration Studio environment is now ready for use.