Gateway Manager features
This topic provides information about accessing the Gateway Manager and the various Gateway Manager operations.
Accessing Gateway Manager
You can access Gateway Manager through the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console web-based interface by navigating to Administration > Gateway Manager.
To access Gateway Manager, a BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization user must be assigned a role with one of the following activities:
- WEB_ADMIN_GM_VIEW: Enables read-only access to Gateway Manager; the user cannot start, stop, or create new runs.
- WEB_ADMIN_GM_EDIT: Enables full access to Gateway Manager; the user can start, stop, or create new runs.
For information on assigning roles and activities, see Adding and managing roles.
Gateway Manager operations
Using Gateway Manager, you can perform the following operations for Gateway Servers:
- Gateway Server - After the Gateway Service is enabled, add the Gateway Servers that you want to manage. The Gateway Server Management feature of Gateway Manager enables you to keep a tab of the Gateway Servers that you are managing. Using this feature, you can add Gateway Servers, remove them, and check their status. Using Gateway Manager, you can manage Gateway Server. For more information, see Adding, removing, and inspecting Gateway Server details.
- Gateway Operations- Several manager runs run on a Gateway Server. These runs collect, transfer, process, and populate data. Gateway Manager enables you to schedule, monitor, recover, create, and abort the manager runs for multiple Gateway Servers. This feature enables you to control the manager runs for a Gateway Server irrespective of the Gateway Server operating system. Using Gateway Manager, you can perform the following Gateway Server Operations activities.
- Gateway Reports- Gateway Manager generates reports that help you to track the performance of the Gateway Servers and manager runs. Using Gateway Manager, you can view the following Gateway Server reports.
- Node History
- - You can sort the exception report. This allows you to see everything that failed for a particular column.
BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization also offers a report template that can be used to create data feed health reports. This report is not part of the Gateway Server Reports, you must navigate to the Works folder to create/view this report. For more information, see Creating and running data feed health reports.
- Gateway Logs - You can use Gateway Manager to view Manager run logs.
- Preferences- Using Gateway Manager, you can set the log level settings of the application.
- Log reports for a Low logging level provide information messages
- Log reports for a High logging level provide information and debugging messages
For information about how to use Gateway Manager, see Creating new Manager runs.