Activating the Aggregated Workload hierarchy
This topic describeshow to configure and activate the Aggregated Workloads hierarchy for Gateway Server connectors.
To build the aggregated workload tree
- Configure the hierarchy rule.
- Activate the hierarchy rule to build the tree aggregating workloads by type (highlighted in blue in the figure).
- Wait for warehousing activities to complete before proceeding with the next step.
- Activate the hierarchy rule to build the Aggregated Workloads node (highlighted in green in the figure).
The Aggregated Workloads tree
Configuring the hierarchy rule
In the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console, select Administration > Data Warehouse > Hierarchy rules. Click Add rule and create a new rule based on the CO Aggregated Workloads template, as shown in the following figure.
In the Add hierarchy rule form, specify the following parameters:
- Name: The name of the hierarchy rule, for example CO Aggregated Workloads Hierarchy.
- Description: A short description of the rule.
- Hierarchy template: Select CO Aggregated Workloads.
- Systems' and Business drivers filter: Select Limit to a domain.
- Domains: The domain containing the Gateway Server source workloads.
- Add created objects to: The hierarchy destination domain.
- Share lookup: The name to be used for lookup purposes.
- Datasource filter.
Activating the hierarchy rule
For more information on hierarchy rules and how to activate them, refer to Maintaining ETL tasks.
Aggregating workloads by type
To activate the hierarchy rule, use the historical recovery option and set the activation date to cover the entire imported data period.
After the hierarchy has been activated, workloads will be aggregated by type in the hierarchy tree of the destination domain. Once warehousing activities will be completed, you can see data in BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization and you can proceed with following step.
Creating the Aggregated Workloads node
Execute the hierarchy rule again, ensuring that the entire data period in the historical recovery section is covered.
After the hierarchy has been activated, the Aggregated Workloads node will be displayed in the hierarchy tree of the destination domain.