Setting up Foundation data about the people in your company
Foundation data is information about people in a company, their attributes, categories, organizations, and locations. It contains the common data elements that are required for the data structure used by BMC Helix Business Workflows.
Foundation data consists of the following elements:
- Organization—Represents a group of people with a particular purpose.
- Person—Represents both users and non-users of an application.
- Location—Represents a physical place or site as well as a collection of sites or geographical regions.
- Categorization—Represents a means of classifying people or objects who have shared characteristics.
- Geography—Represents the geographic location of an organization or person by identifying the country, state, region, and city. This information is used by the Locations data element to represent the physical location of an organization or person.
Learn about Foundation data elements in .
BMC Helix Business Workflows uses Foundation data from BMC Helix ITSM after BMC provisions and activates your system. As an administrator, you must create BMC Helix Business Workflows specific Foundation data, such as categories, support groups in Remedy ITSM and associate them with domain tags to use them in BMC Helix Business Workflows.
The following figure describes the different actions that you can take to use Foundation data in BMC Helix Business Workflows: