Automatic task assignment
As a case business analyst, you can enable automatic task assignment in BMC Helix Business Workflows for your line of business.
Task assignment methods
The following image shows the different methods in which you can define automatic task assignments:
You can define task assignment mapping rules based on information such as category tiers, priority, label, region, site, and task type. Based on the assignment mapping rules you define, unassigned tasks are automatically assigned to an appropriate agent.
How automatic task assignment works
The following image shows how tasks are automatically assigned to case agents based on the task template, adhoc task, task assignment mapping rules, and the round-robin method:
- Manual task assignment or the assignment defined in the task template takes precedence over automatic task assignment mapping rules.
- If there are no task assignment mappings configured for a line of business, the assignment mappings from the parent case are applied to the task.
Examples of task assignment mapping rules
- A case business analyst creates the following task assignment mapping for Human Resources line of business in Calbro Services:
- A case agent creates a task using a template that does not define any assignment for new hire onboarding with Category Tier 1 as Workforce Administration and Priority as High in Berlin office. On creating the task, the above task assignment mapping rule is applied and the task is automatically assigned to John Wayne from GB Support group.
- A case business analyst creates the following task assignment mapping for Facilities line of business in Calbro Services, and enables round-robin assignment method at the global level:
- A case agent creates an adhoc task without any assignment with Category Tier 1 as Facilities and Priority as High. On creating the task, it is automatically assigned to an agent available from the Facilities Support group. The assignee is selected using the round-robin method enabled at the global level.