The Document Library in BMC Helix Business Workflows is a centralized location to store documents that are used in the application. A case business analyst is assigned the functional role of a document manager, and can add and manage documents in the Document Library. Case agents can attach documents from the Document Library to a case or task.
Adding documents in the Document Library has the following advantages:
- Access documents from a single location.
- Reuse documents in cases and tasks.
- Use the latest versions of documents.
Learn about adding documents to the Document Library in Adding documents to Document Library.
The following figure shows the Document Library option in BMC Helix Business Workflows:
A document in the Document Library has one of the following statuses:
- Draft—When you add a document in the Document Library, by default it is in the Draft status. You can edit a document only if it is in the Draft status.
- Published—When you change the document status to Published, it is available for consumption in cases and tasks.
Access and permissions required to manage documents
The following image shows the roles, access, and permissions required to manage documents in the Document Library:
A user must be a document manager to get read access of a document. However, when a user consumes a document in a case, the user can view the document even if the user is not a document manager.
Learning more about the Document Library
The following video gives a quick overview of what a Document Library is and how to use it: