Copying of a case or task template
The case and task templates provide a defined structure for creating different cases and tasks of similar type. The templates include case or task related fields, associated dynamic fields, and so on. As a case business analyst, in a line of business, you can create a copy of a case template or task template and save it as a new template. You can either use the copied template as is or modify the fields on the template details page. Copying a template saves the time required to manually enter the fields, the tasks associated with the template, and the dynamic fields associated with the template.
You can copy a template either by selecting the original template from the list and clicking the Copy Template option or by clicking the Copy Template option on the original template details page. While creating a copy template, all the fields except Template Name remain the same. The copied template is in the Draft status. By default, the user who creates the copy template is the owner of the copy template. If the user belongs to multiple support groups, the first support group from the list of support groups displayed on the page is allocated for the user. If the user does not belong to any support group, then the owner of the original template is set as the owner of the template's copy.
After you save the copied case template, you can view the case template specific dynamic fields, the tasks associated with the case template, and the dynamic fields associated with these tasks on the template details page. Similarly, after you save the copied task template, you can view the task template specific dynamic fields on the template details page. For more information about dynamic fields, see Adding dynamic fields for storing additional case information.
Copying a case template for a different company
When you copy a case template for use by a different company in a line of business, the following events occur:
- The tasks associated with the case template are replaced with exactly similar tasks available for that company. If there are no tasks that match with the tasks in the original case template, then, the system creates the new tasks automatically.
- The Owner field of the copied case template is blank. You must specify the template owner from a different company. The owner of the copied case template is assigned as the owner of the task templates associated with the case template. This owner is also assigned as the task assignee of the tasks associated with the case. The case template's owner is assigned as owner and assignee of the associated tasks.
- After you select a different company, the support group and assignee that are displayed, belong to the previous company. Unless you select this assignment from the different company, you cannot save the template.
Copying a task template for an automated task
To copy or reuse the process from the original template while copying a task template for an automated task, choose any of the following options:
Copy the process of original template—The source process name is displayed on the page. You must provide new name for the copied process.
Reuse the original process—The original process name is displayed on the page. You cannot change the process name.
For more information about creating a task template for an automated task, see Automating tasks for quicker case resolution.
To create a copy of a case or task template
- Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
- Click My Application Settings .
- To create a copy of a template, perform any of the following steps:
- To create a copy of a case template, navigate to Case Management > Templates.
- To create a copy of a task template, navigate to Task Management > Templates.
- On the Case Templates or Task Templates page, complete the following steps:
- From the Line of Business list, select the line of business for which you want to copy a template.
- Select the required template and click Copy Template.
On the Add Case Template or Add Task Template page, specify the fields. For a task template for an automated task, complete the additional fields as explained in the following table:
Field Action Copy Existing Process?
To create a copy of the original process, click .
Source Process Name The process name of the original process is displayed in this field and cannot be edited. This field is displayed only when you select the option of copying the original process. New Process Name Enter a name for the copied process. This field is displayed only when you select an option of copying the original process. Process Name By default, the original process name is displayed in the list and cannot be edited. This field is displayed only when you select an option of reusing the original process.
- Click Save.
You can also copy a template from the template details page by clicking the Copy Template option.
Creating case templates and task templates
Log in or register to comment.