Assigning functional roles and permissions
For agents to utilize the different features that the product provides, as an administrator, you must assign appropriate functional roles to these agents. A functional role is an aggregate of multiple permissions that enable an agent to perform certain tasks.
Learn more about functional roles and out-of-the-box permissions in the following topics:
- Responsibilities and permissions of a Case Agent
- Responsibilities and permissions of a Case Manager
- Responsibilities and permissions of a Case Business Analyst
- Roles in BMC Helix Business Workflows
To assign a functional role to an agent
Learn how to assign a functional role to a user in MultiExcerpt named platformCreatingFunctionalRoles was not found -- Please check the page name and MultiExcerpt name used in the MultiExcerpt-Include macro.
To assign a permission to a functional role
The administrator can assign permissions to functional roles that are specific to functional areas in BMC Helix Business Workflows. These permissions are in addition to the out-of-the-box permissions described in Setting up roles and permissions.
You cannot delete the out-of-the-box permissions that are assigned to a functional role.
- As an administrator, log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Administration tab.
- Select Server settings > Application Permissions > Functional Roles.
- From the Functional Roles page, open the functional role to which you want to assign additional permissions.
The Edit Functional Role pane is displayed.
- From Select Role, expand a functional area whose roles you want to assign.
- Select the check boxes that correspond to the roles you want to assign.
In Selected Role, the selected roles are added to the corresponding application name.
- Click Save.
For more information about creating or modifying users, see .
To assign the Report Administrator role
When BMC activates BMC Helix Business Workflows, the administrator is set as the Report Administrator. The administrator can assign the Report Administrator role to another user.
As an administrator, log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
- Click Reports.
- Click and select Administration > Admin Console.
- On the page displayed, expand Users.
- For the required user, click , hover on Change role, and select System Administrator.
The selected user is now a Report Administrator in BMC Helix Business Workflows.