Associating Foundation data with domain tags
The Foundation data for an organization consists of people, geography, support groups, categorization, and so on. A domain tag is a label that you associate with Foundation data to identify it with a line of business in BMC Helix Business Workflows. The domain tag determines to which line of business the Foundation data belongs.
When you define a line of business, a domain tag of the same name as the line of business is created. As an administrator, you can use this domain tag to associate it with different types of Foundation data. You must configure the domain to make the data associated with the tag available. You can set only one domain for a line of business.
After you associate the Foundation data with a domain tag and configure the domain, agents can access only the data belonging to that domain. In BMC Helix Business Workflows, you can use domain tags to label categories, companies, and support groups.
For information about how to define a line of business, see Defining your line of business.
Where Foundation data associated with a domain tag gets used
The categorization and support group data from the configured domain is displayed while performing the following tasks:
- Create and edit a case
- Create and edit a task
- Create and edit a case template
- Create and edit a task template
- Create and edit a read access mapping
- Create and edit an assignment mapping
- Create and edit knowledge metadata
- Create and edit document library
To associate Foundation data with a domain tag
To use the Foundation data for BMC Helix Business Workflows, an administrator must associate operational categories, support groups, and person data with domain tags.
- As an administrator, log in to BMC Remedy IT Service Management.
- Select Applications > Administrator Console > Application Administration Console.
- On the Custom Configuration tab, expand Foundation > Products / Operational Catalogs, and complete the following steps:
- Select Operational Catalog, and click Open.
- Search for the categories.
- From the Operational Category list, select a category.
- In the Company and Module Relationships section, click the IS Domain Tags tab.
- Select a domain from the list, and click Add.
The newly added tag is visible in the Domain Tag Name list.
- Click Close.
- On the Standard Configuration tab, click View for Support Group, and complete the following steps:
- Select a support group, click the IS Domain Tags tab, and click Update.
- In the IS Domain Tags window, select a tag from the Domain Tag Name list, and click Add.
The new tag is listed in the Domain Tag Name list.
- Click Close.
- On the Standard Configuration tab, click View for People, and complete the following steps:
- Select a person, click the Login/Access Details tab.
- On the IS Personas tab, click Update Personas.
- From the Application Name drop-down list, select the line of business application, such as com.bmc.dsm.lob.facilities.
- Select the IS Persona from the list.
- Click Add/Modify.
The IS Persona is displayed in the list.
- Click Close.
- Repeat the steps for all categories, support groups, and person data that you want to associate with the domain tag in BMC Helix Business Workflows.