Enabling BMC Helix Business Workflows to create service requests in BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced
As an administrator, you can configure BMC Helix Business Workflows to create a corresponding service request in BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced for a BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced user case. This enables BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced users to review the progress of their cases in BMC Helix Business Workflows or provide any feedback or comments. BMC Helix Business Workflows creates a service request with a generic service attached to it. The service request does not contain the question fields in the case template that is used to create a BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced user case. The service request includes the following details:
- Progress of the case - Includes the current status of the case
- Details - Includes when the case was submitted, last updated, the phone number of the requester, and the company of the requester.
- Comments - Displays the activity notes added to the case in BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced. Any comments added to the service request are also displayed, and added to the Activity notes of the case.
In BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced, you can view the Request ID of the service request in the My Activity section.
When the service request is created, the Request ID is displayed on the case details screen and the following message is added to the Activity feed of the case:
Service Request 76004 was created for <user>.
Automatic creation of service requests for cases created in BMC Helix Business Workflows requires BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced version 19.11.
When a comment is added to the case in BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced, the case agent in BMC Helix Business Workflows receives a notification email in the following format:
<User name> has added a comment on Case-ID
To enable creating a service request for a case created in BMC Helix Business Workflows
- Log in to BMC Helix Platform as an Administrator and navigate to the Administration tab.
- Select Common Services > Configurations.
- In the Application Configurations click CREATE_SERVICE_REQUEST. next to
Expand Configuration Values, and click next to the configuration value set to false.
Change the Configuration Value to true.
The Expression field in Configuration Values and the Reset to Default option in the Configurations section are unavailable for this release.