Defining the periodic review duration for published knowledge articles
A case business analyst can define the time periods for when published knowledge articles are periodically reviewed and validated. When an article review is due or overdue, agents (article assignee or reviewer) are notified so that they can take appropriate actions on it.
The following steps show the review process:
- A case business analyst defines the review time period for published articles.
- The Next Review Date in the Knowledge Metadata section of a published knowledge article shows the date on which the article must be reviewed.
- A notification is sent to the article assignee and reviewer about the review date.
- A reviewer reviews the knowledge article or extends the review date according to the review time period that is configured by the case business analyst.
Learn more about periodic article review and extending the review time period in Reviewing and validating knowledge articles.
To add a new review time period
Out of the box, the review time period is set to one year. You can change it by setting the configuration value for the NEXT_REVIEW_PERIOD setting.
- Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows as a case business analyst.
- Click Application Settings
The Settings page opens in a new browser tab. .
- Expand Application Configuration > Common Configurations.
- Select NEXT_REVIEW_PERIOD.
- Alick Add.
- Select the Configuration Value from the drop-down list.
The available values are 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year.
- To configure the setting at a global or company level, complete one of the following actions:
- To configure the setting at a global level, from the Company list, select Global.
To configure the setting at a company level, select the company.