Creating goal types for service targets
Goal types improve the readability of service targets. In BMC Helix Business Workflows, a case business analyst can configure goals when configuring service targets. You can create only request-based goals.
For example, an employee requests for an employment proof document. The agent has a goal to provide the document within seven working days. This is a request-based goal type and can be called Request Resolution Time.
To create a goal type
- Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
- Click My Application Settings
The Settings page opens in a new browser tab. .
- Navigate to Service Level Management > Goal Type.
- (Version 20.08.01) From the Line of Business list, select the line of business for which you want to create a goal type.
If you have access to a single line of business, that line of business is selected by default.
- Click Goal Type Configuration.
- In the Goal Type Name field, type a name for the goal.
Example: Request Resolution Time.
- In Status, select one of the following options:
- Active—The goal is available for selection when configuring service targets and service target groups. This is the default status.
- InActive—The goal is not available for selection when configuring service targets and service target groups.
- In the Goal Type list, Request-Based is automatically populated and is not editable.
- Click Save.