Creating activity note templates
As a case business analyst, you can create activity note templates so that case agents can use these templates while adding activity notes to a case, task, or person profile. Similarly, a user such as a knowledge coach can create activity note templates for knowledge articles. Activity note templates help case agents to describe notes in a structured and standard format, and also reduce the effort of typing the activity notes.
For example, a case agent creates a case for onboarding an employee. The case agent wants to update the activity notes with details to resolve the case so that a case agent who works on the case can refer to the specified details. A case business analyst creates an activity note template that describes the details for onboarding an employee. By using the activity note template, the case agent quickly updates the activity notes of the case in a structured format.
Types of activity note templates
You can create the following types of activity note templates:
- Case notes template—Specifies a template for case activity notes.
- Task notes template—Specifies a template for task activity notes.
- Knowledge notes template—Specifies a template for knowledge article activity notes.
- People notes template—Specifies a template for person profile activity notes.
To create an activity note template
Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
Perform any of the following actions based on the type of activity note template that you want to create.
Activity note template Action Case notes template
- Select Case Management > Notes Templates.
On the Case Notes Template page, click Notes Template.
Task notes template
- Select Task Management > Notes Templates.
On the Task Notes Template page, click Notes Template.
Knowledge notes template
- Select Knowledge Management > Notes Templates.
On the Knowledge Notes Templates page, click Notes Template.
People notes template
- Select People > Notes Templates.
On the Person Notes Templates page, click Notes Template.
On the Create Activity Notes Template page, enter value for the Template Name, and complete the other fields as explained in the following table:
Field Action Status
Select one of the following statuses:
Active—The template is available for use.
Note: Only active templates are searchable and available for use.
Inactive—The template is not available for use.
Company Select the company for which you want to create the template. Select one of the following options:
Global—All companies in a tenant can view the template.
A company name—Only agents of the selected company can view the template.
Language Select a language for the template.
The default language is English.
Note: You must create separate templates for different languages so that you can use a template based on a locale.
Label Select a label for the template.
You can filter the templates based on a specific label.
Based on your requirements, define the format of the activity notes by using the case fields.
To insert placeholders for current values of variables, click Insert Fields, and perform any of the following actions based on the type of activity note template:
- For a case notes template, expand the General menu or Case menu, and add a field.
The Case menu consists of the case association fields and dynamic fields along with the case fields.
- For a task notes template, expand the General menu or Task menu, and add a field.
The Task menu consists of the task association fields and dynamic fields along with the task fields.
- For a knowledge notes template, expand the General menu or Knowledge menu, and add a field.
The Knowledge menu consists of the knowledge association fields along with the knowledge fields.
- For a people notes template, expand the General menu or Person menu, and add a field.
The Case menu consists of the person association fields along with the person fields.
- Click Save.