Adding resolution codes to categorize resolved cases
As a case business analyst, you can create resolution codes referring to a Knowledge Article for cases so that other case agents can search for cases based on the resolution code to help resolve their cases faster. For example:
- For facilities-based cases, define resolution codes such as: Equipment Failure, Equipment Replacement, Request for Stationery. The resolution codes help to segregate cases based on equipment requests, personal item requests, or service requests.
- For a Visa Approval case, define a resolution code such as: Refer Knowledge Article: 38023009 to provide reference to knowledge articles that can be used for cases related to visa approvals. This helps other case agents viewing similar cases to view the referenced Knowledge Article in the resolution and use it to resolve their cases. It can also help review the usage of the Knowledge Article for resolving cases.
You can make it mandatory for case agents to add a resolution code when resolving a case by selecting the appropriate option in a case template. For cases created by using the template, a case agent must select a resolution code before resolving the case. For more information about creating a case template, see creating case templates, task templates, and adding dynamic fields.
Case managers can review the reports for the case numbers based on the resolution code.
To create a resolution code
Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
Click My Application Settings.
The Settings page opens in a new browser tab.
- Select Application Configuration > Menu Items.
- (Version 20.08.01) On the Menu Items page, complete the following steps:
- From the Line of Business list, select the line of business for which you want to create a resolution code.
Click + Menu Option.
- (Version 20.08) On the Menu Items page, click + Menu Option.
Complete the fields as described in the following table:
Field Description Menu Name Select Resolution Code. Menu Option
Click to enter the resolution code.
On the Localize Value page, enter the values for Default Locale and other locales to add a resolution code value.
When you create a case, the system automatically displays the value entered for the locale related to the region where you have logged in.
Select one of the following statuses:
Active—The resolution code is available for use.
Inactive—The resolution code is not available for use.
- Deprecated—The resolution code is no longer in use.
Available on UI Ignore this option.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To make it mandatory for case agents to select a resolution code and add notes before resolving the case, add or update the required options in the case templates. Even if a case is resolved automatically after the last task is complete, the case agent can add the resolution code values to the case.