Adding a relationship type for users or cases
In BMC Helix Business Workflows, as a case business analyst you can define new relationships between cases, people, and between cases and people.
In addition to the relationship types provided out of the box, you can define the following relationships:
- Person to Person—Users related to each other like a hierarchical relationship between a manager and team members, other relationships like student, guardian, and other relationships.
- Case to Person—Users related to a case like Victim, Witness, investigator.
- Case to Case—Cases related to each other like Parent -Child, duplicates, or cases related due to some common factors.
When adding a relationship, users select a relationship type that provides information about the relationship between the two entities.
To create a new relationship type
- Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
- Select Settings > Relationships.
- To add a new relationship type, select the appropriate relationship from the following options:
- Case to Case
- Case to Person
- Person to Person
- Click .
On the New Relationship tab, enter the following details:
Field name Description Relationship Name Name of the relationship type. Reverse Relationship Name The relationship type that is added to the related user or case record. For example, you create a Relationship Name as Parent, and a Reverse Relationship Name as Child. When you add a related case with the relationship type as Parent, a relationship with the current case with the type Child is added to the related case record. Status To use the relationship type, set the status to Active. To temporarily disable it, set the status to Inactive. To permanently disable it, set the status to Deprecated.
- To add localized values for the Relationship Name and Reverse Relationship Name, click
You can add multiple relationship types. , enter the translated values to be displayed for the available locales, and click Save.
- After you add the new relationship types, on the relationships page, click Save.
The new relationship types are added for the relationship you selected, and can be used when relating entities such as case and case, or case and people.