20.08.01: Patch 1
Review the fixes and update in this patch in BMC Helix Business Workflows 20.08.01 that might impact your users.
Create line of business for data and case management
BMC Helix Business Workflows enables you to implement a case management system for multiple lines of business and fulfill the unique requirements of each line of business. Administrators can now create multiple lines of business such as Facilities, Legal, Human Resource, and Finance in BMC Helix Business Workflows. They can segregate existing Foundation data, create new Foundation data, and grant user permissions for a line of business. Case business analysts can create configuration data, such as templates, notifications, approvals, and assignments, and activate the line of business. Case agents can manage cases, tasks, and knowledge articles in the line of business.
Learn about how to create and set up a line of business in BMC Helix Business Workflows for a line of business: 20.08.01 and later, Defining your line of business: 20.08.01 and later, and Content package for BMC Helix Business Workflows.
Customizable page layouts in PDF document templates
As a case business analyst, you can add header and footer to document templates to generate PDF documents. You can add images, links, and text in the header and footer, and also specify the font to be used in the header and footer.
Learn more about customizing page layouts in PDF document templates in Automatically generating PDFs for required information.
Spell check in activity notes
By default, spell check is enabled for the text that is added to activity notes in cases. You can use the various options that are available by default in the Spell Check As You Type option to improve the text and also correct errors. If you do not want the text to be spell checked, you can disable the option in the activity notes.
Learn more about spell check and other options that are available for activity notes in Viewing case activities and adding activity notes.
What else changed in this release
After BMC upgrades your environment, the following post-upgrade changes take effect:
Default line of business
- If you have an active domain tag in your environment, the active domain tag is used as the default line of business.
- If you do not have an active domain tag or a domain tag is not configured for your environment, the following updates are made:
- A line of business named Default that uses the bundle LOB - Default is created and used as the default line of business.
- Foundation data such as categories (operational category tier 1), business units, departments, and support groups are updated with the domain tag corresponding to the line of business.
- The status of the default line of business is active.
- Out-of-the-box data such as notification templates and acknowledgement templates are created for default the line of business.
Users with functional roles such as Case Agent, Case Manager, Case Business Analyst, Document Manager, Knowledge Coach, Knowledge Publisher, Knowledge Contributor, and Knowledge Candidate are updated with the line of business functional role.
Line of business bundle access is granted to the users who have Application Business Analyst permission.
All configuration data such as templates, notifications, approvals, and assignment mappings are updated with the line of business.
You can view the Line of Business field in the configuration data. You view the line of business on all the configuration data pages.
All the existing transaction data such as cases, tasks, and knowledge articles are updated with a domain tag field value if the field value is null.
You can view the Line of Business field in the cases, tasks, and knowledge articles that were created before upgrade. You view the line of business on the case, task, and knowledge consoles.
Line of business permissions are enabled for configuration data.
- You can now use Flowsets only for process management and not for data management. Flowsets are used to define the flow of cases related to a line of business.
- Out-of-the-box data is not provided for Person to Person relationship type. Your existing Person to Person relationship data is mapped to the line of business.
- All custom case sources are available globally and only administrators can create case sources.
- An email configuration does not include the Alternate Email ID field. You can specify multiple email IDs that you want to map with the line of business in the Email IDs field.
Updated content packages
New content packages are provided in BMC Helix Business Workflows 20.08.01. BMC Helix Business Workflows 20.08.01 provides the following out-of-the-box content packages for the two lines of business that you can use in your tailoring environments:
- BMC Sample Human Resource
- BMC Sample Finance
The status of these lines of business is inactive by default. Foundation data and BMC Helix Business Workflows data is aligned with the new sample line of business. Learn about out-of-the-box content packages in Content package for BMC Helix Business Workflows.