Viewing near real-time capacity and performance data
Use the Auto-refresh feature in Investigate to view the most recent data (metrics). You can use auto-refresh analyze resource bottlenecks by using near-real-time data.
The Auto-refresh feature is supported in both table view and chart view of Investigate.
To use Auto-refresh in table view of Investigate
- To enable the Auto-refresh feature, ensure that at least one metric group is selected in the Investigate study.
- In the top right corner of the Investigate table, click Auto-refresh.
The following changes occur:
- The time interval selection for the data shown in the table automatically switches to the last available interval.
Data in the table gets refreshed after every 10 seconds.
- If you want to add a new system to the study, see Modify an Investigate study.
Note: Ensure that you add a system where the existing metric group is selected. Else, the metric group selection is automatically removed. For example, if you first select a Windows system in the study, and then during Auto-refresh, try to add a non-Windows system, say Linux, the existing metric group selection is removed from the display. This is because Windows and non-Windows systems support different metric groups.
- Similarly, if you want to add a new metric group to the study, see Modify an Investigate study.
You can add only those systems where the existing Metric group selection is supported. For example, if you first select a Windows system in the study, and during Auto-refresh try to add a system to the study, only Windows systems are displayed for the same.
To use Auto-refresh in the charts view of Investigate
- In the Investigate table, select the required row, and click View Charts.
- Select the columns that you would like to plot in the chart, and click Select.
The chart plots the metrics for the selected time period against the selected systems.
- To view the most recent metrics, enable Auto-refresh.
The chart updates with the latest data after every 10 seconds.
When you select a system that is configured to collect granular (one second) data, the pagination is applied in the chart. For more information, see Investigating capacity and performance issues in systems. If you are viewing the last page in the chart, data is refreshed immediately. Else, the data will keep refreshing in the background, and you can view the latest data after you navigate to the last page.
To navigate to or zoom into a specific time stamp, use the horizontal slider that is given below the chart. Click and move the two buttons that are placed at two ends of the slider, one at a time.
If you are using the Auto-refresh feature and want your session to be alive for more than 24 hours, change the value for the Remedy Single Sign-On configuration parameter, Max Session Time, to the required number.
BMC recommends that you do not keep the session alive for more than five days.