The quick analysis is a tool that allows you to rapidly inspect time series on both systems and business drivers of a specific domain or domain group.
Although the analysis that you get with this tool are simpler than those obtained using standard Capacity Optimization analysis, they can be easily used to identify problems or periods of interest that can be isolated for more detailed examination.
Quick analysis is not permanently stored by default, it is your choice to save them and thus transform them in a regular one.
You can access the quick analysis tool in two ways:
- Clicking the Quick analysis link found in the t of a domain's detail page, that is located at the top of the page.
- Clicking the Searching for entities and metrics. icon next to a resource metric in the list of search results, after performing a search using the Search box; for more information, see
- Clicking the Working with domain entities. button next to a resource metric in the list of system (business driver) metrics or configuration data displayed in the Metrics tab of detail page for a system (business driver); for more information, see
In the first case, initially there are no series that are being analyzed; click Add series and fill in the pop-up form that appears, which allows you to select the desired time series:
- Domain: Choose a domain; if you clicked the Quick analysis button found on a domain's detail page, this field is already filled.
- Resource: Select the system or business driver to be inspected.
- Metric: Select the time series.
- Subresource: If the metric is an aggregate, select the subresource; otherwise, the default value will be used (for example, GLOBAL).
- Location: If none is present, the default value will be used (for example, UNKNOWN).
Adding time series to a quick analysis
When done, click the Add series button.
If data is available, a graph will be displayed; above it, you will find the time filter selector. You can change the resolution or the time filter as explained in Interacting with charts and analysis data.
Example of the quick analysis result page
You can add more time series by clicking Add series again, or performing a search and clicking theicon next to a resource metric in the list of search results.
Every added series will be displayed at the top of the page. If you want to remove one, click theicon next to its name, or click Remove all series to remove them all and start over.
The output chart can be edited by clicking the Edit button. For more information about other actions that can be performed, refer to Interacting with charts and analysis data.
Clicking Save displays a form that allows you to permanently store the analysis; input a Name and Description and the new analysis will be saved in the current domain. If you started the quick analysis tool from a domain group, you will also have to select a target domain.
Saving a quick analysis
Where to go from here
You might want to edit a quick analysis. For more information, see Editing a quick analysis.