Preparing to install the Capacity Agent
Before installing the Capacity Agent, ensure that your environment meets the installation requirements, and complete the tasks described in this section.
Preparing to install the Capacity Agent on Windows
- Verify that the user account for installing the Capacity Agent has administrator rights. To grant administrator rights, contact your system administrator.
- BMC recommends configuring the Terminal Services on systems to prevent the installer from deleting the temporary folder while exiting installation, and also to ensure that the installer does not use temporary folders for each session.
Preparing to install the Capacity Agent on UNIX and Linux
- Ensure that you are using a non-privileged and non-root user account for installing the Capacity Agent. For information about creating this user account, contact your system administrator.
- If you are installing the Capacity Agent on a Ubuntu Linux system, ensure that the
libxtst6package is installed.
To install the
- Download the package from .
- Run the following command:
dpkg -l | grep -i libxtst6
Where to go from here
Perform the other preinstallation tasks listed in Preparing to install TrueSight Capacity Optimization.