Managing and analyzing data from your workspace
The Workspace screen is used to manage systems, business drivers, their hierarchy, and metrics in TrueSight Capacity Optimization. This screen also enables you to create analyses and models, and to create and schedule reports.
You can perform the following actions from the Workspace tab in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console:
- Setting up and managing domains in your workspace
- Working with domain entities
- Managing defined analyses, models, reports, and documents
- Quick analysis
- Working with domains and entities
- Working with system templates
- Working with service templates
- Working with capacity pools
- Understanding metrics
- Subdomains: A high level folder that includes all the entities such as systems, business drivers, system templates, and service templates.
- Systems: Any entity imported by the ETL. For example, resource pool, cluster, virtual machine.
- Capacity Pools: Capacity Pools are a logical aggregation of containers based on business rules.
- Business drivers: Any object containing data about workloads.
- Works: A folder containing analyses and models of the available metrics. This folder also contains reports, folders, and documents. Documents are attached files containing domain-specific information, such as analysis details and conclusions.
- Events: Objects that keep track of changes in configuration, maintenance, errors, and incidents.
- Filters: Filters available for analyses and models. For example, Time and Entity filter.
- Alerts : Automatic surveillance methods that scan the domain for specific conditions and automatically perform pre-configured tasks when such conditions are met, such as sending email notifications or generating reports.
- Thresholds: Threshold metrics for a system or business driver. For example, threshold metrics like warning, good, and so on.
- View lookup: Shows lookup fields configured for entity catalog. This information is only applicable for systems and business drivers.