Installing and configuring Integration Studio
This section explains you how to install and configure the Integration Studio.
Installing Integration Studio
Integration Studio is available for download from the Tools section after logging in to the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization console.
If you are on another screen in the console, click Home in the the upper-right corner to view this screen. Alternatively, click BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization on the upper-left.
Integration Studio is available as a JAR package.To install the Integration Studio, run the Java -jar <filename> from the supported version of JDK package and follow the on-screen instructions.
When you run the installer for the first time, you will need to select a workspace (a folder where all your development projects will be stored).
When installing on Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- It is not advisable to place the workspace under the
C:\Program Filesfolder as this will prevent the installation from inheriting required permissions. It is recommended to allow the installer to use its default workspace path, which is usually your
User Home, for example
- Run the command prompt as an administrator to start Java.
Configuring Integration Studio
After you have installed Integration Studio, you must configure access credentials to BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization deployment. To do this, open Integration Studio 10.7.00, select a default workspace, and execute the following steps:
- Click Window > Preferences
- Under Preferences, click Integration Studio
- Enter the following connection parameters for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization:
- BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console URL. (For instance, http://<server_address>/console)
- BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console Username and Console Password for authentication.
- Click Test connection to verify the connection parameters.
- Click Refresh Local Database to import the dataset and metric definitions from BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization. These definitions are useful as a reference during custom connector development and for publishing the custom connector. You can execute this step again at any time.
Click Check Perl prerequisites to check your Perl environment, and install any missing library. You can execute this step again at any time.
Ensure that the required Perl libraries for Integration Studio are installed at the default locations. If you customize the PERL5LIB environment variable to specify different installation paths, this check might fail or give unexpected results.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Your Integration Studio environment is now ready for use.