Exporting and importing views
In the TrueSight console, you can export an out-of-the-box view or a custom view as a package file. The package file can then be imported and installed in the product. The file extension for the package file is
With this feature, you can complete the following use cases:
- Create a copy of a view: Export an out-of-the-box view, import it with a new name, modify its configuration, and save it as a new view.
- Migrate a view: Create a custom view in the development or test environment and after confirming that the results are accurate, import it in the production environment.
- Share a view: Import a custom view that is created in one environment into a different destination environment.
For details, see the following sections:
To export a view
- In the TrueSight console, navigate to Administration > Capacity Views. By default, the View tab is displayed.
From the action menu that is located next to the view you want to export, click Export view.
The view is exported and you can select the location to save the exported view. The view is exported as the <View_Name>_<timestamp>.viewpkg file.
To import a view
- If you are importing an out-of-the-box view, first install the view.
- In the TrueSight console, navigate to Administration > Capacity Views. The View tab is displayed.
- Click Import view. The Import view dialog box is displayed.
- Click Browse to select the view package file (.viewpkg) that you want to import.
- Click Apply.
The view is imported and listed in the Views table.