Creating a domain
Domains are either created automatically by ETL connectors used to import data into BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, or manually by authorized users.
To create a domain or subdomain
- Access the Workspace tab of the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization console.
- Click All Domains from the navigation tree or select an existing domain for which to create a subdomain.
- In thw working area on the right, click Add > Add subdomain.
- Specify the following information:
- Name: An appropriate name to identify the domain.
- (Optional) Description: Any additional information that you want to add for this domain.
- Domain type: Select an appropriate domain type from the list provided. (Default: Generic)
- Click Save.
The new domain is now visible in the navigation tree.
Where to go from here
After creating a new domain, you may want to Add systems and business drivers to a domain