Analyzing domain data
TrueSight Capacity Optimization enables you to analyze data for the imported systems and business drivers, and easily create charts and identify performance issues, trends, and bottlenecks.
Examples of common analyses you can perform include:
- Analyzing the behavior and response time of a system or business driver
- Correlating resource utilization to business drivers
- Analyzing the impact of an event on resource utilization.
- Characterizing business drivers.
- Establishing normal utilization profiles and baselines.
- Identifying periodical behaviors and busiest periods.
Overview of analyses
An analysis is a visual tool used to identify the behavior of a set of metrics and the relationships among them.
Each analysis can focus on the business driver metrics of an application, on the performance of an application's systems, and on the events related to an application. Analyses can also be used to compare performance and business driver metrics to determine a system's behavior under load. After you have created a first analysis, you can use tools like trend lines or moving averages to forecast the behavior of current metrics.
A Golden analysis allows you to schedule its execution (for example, daily) and publish custom statistics with which you can trace the trend of the results. For more information, see Working with producer-based and rule-based custom statistics.
An analysis template is a pre-built set of choices used to build an analysis. The choices pre-configured in a template are used to specify:
- How to extract data. For example, which metrics, at which time resolution, and so on.
- How to display data. For example, chart or tabular format, which type of chart, titles and legend, and so on.
The template is a powerful TrueSight Capacity Optimization tool that simplifies the process of creating a new analysis; the user can choose a pre-built template, and proceed immediately to the analysis results. Then, if necessary, every choice made by the template can be modified by manually editing the analysis.
The following sections provide more information about the types of analyses present in TrueSight Capacity Optimization: