Adding system and business driver entities to a domain
Systems and business drivers are either created automatically by ETL connectors used to import data into BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, or manually by authorized users.
Adding a system or business driver to a domain, either manually or by running a connector, is a way to create a parent-child relationship between the domain and the added entity. To understand the effect of creating and breaking relationships manually versus automatically, see Hierarchies.
To add entities to a domain
- Access one of the domains by navigating to Workspace > All Domains.
- Click Systems (or Business drivers) showing under the selected domain on the left navigation tree.
- In the detail page on the right, click Add. On the wizard displayed, click Next.
- Select one of the available creation modes:
- Create a new system (or business driver): Allows you to create a new entity from scratch.
- Import existing system (or business driver): Allows you to import an existing entity into the domain.
- Derive a new system (or business driver) from existing resources: Allows you to create an entity that will be the parent of a derivation hierarchy; for more information, see Hierarchies.
- Depending on your choice, follow the guided procedure provided by the wizard, as detailed in the following sections:
- Click Finish to create the new system (or business driver).
Where to go from here
After adding new entities to a domain, you might want to perform one of the following actions: