Adding a custom view
As an administrator, you can easily create your own custom views in the TrueSight console. The console provides you with out-of-the-box page templates that you need to configure to meet your specific requirements. Each template provides access to a specific type of data and presents it in a predefined format. You can create as many custom views as necessary.
A view consists of a set of pages that are based on the templates. You can group pages under a subview, if needed. The pages under a subview are displayed as tabs, also called subsystem tabs.
The following image shows a custom view with a single-page subview VMs and a subview Infrastructure Overview with two subsystem tabs Clusters and Hosts.
The following video (2:50) illustrates the process of adding a custom view.
For more information, see the following sections:
Before you begin
- Ensure that TrueSight Capacity Optimization is registered with the Presentation Server. For more information, see Installing the Presentation Server.
- Ensure that your user group has the TSPS_Capacity_Administration role assigned to it. Otherwise, the Administration > Capacity Views option is not available to you.
- If the existing data marts do not contain the data that you need, create data marts as per your requirements. For more information, see Creating a SQL-based data mart for a custom view in the TrueSight console .
- Add view groups, if required. For more information, see Adding and managing view groups.
To add a custom view
The workflow to add a custom view is as follows:
Click the links in the diagram to see the detailed steps.
1. Access the Add View wizard.
- In the TrueSight console, select > Administration > Capacity Views.
- In the Custom Capacity page, click Add View.
2. Specify a name for the view.
In the Add View box, complete the following steps:
- In the View name field, type the name of the view.
- From the View group list, select the view group to which the custom view should belong and click Next.
For more information on view groups, see View groups.
3. Select a custom view template.
- In the Create the first page box, complete the following steps:
- In the Page name field, type the name for the page.
From the Display the page list, select if you want to display the new page As a tab of the page menu, or In full screen, without page menu.
If you select As a tab of the page menu, the page is displayed as a tab in the custom view.
If you select In full screen, without page menu, the page is displayed in the full screen mode, and the page menu is not displayed.
You can choose to display pages that have many details, in full screen mode.
From the list of templates, select a template for the custom view. For more information about the page templates, see View page templates.
- Click Create.
The custom view is created and is displayed.
4. Customize the template and save the view.
- Configure . For more information, see View page templates.
- Click Save.
The view is saved. It is listed in the Custom views list in the navigation pane (Capacity > Views > Custom Views), as well as in the Capacity views page (Administration > Capacity Views).
The Capacity views page displays a table that lists all the views that are available on the TrueSight console, along with information like the creation, view group and so on.