Integrating TrueSight Infrastructure Management or ProactiveNet with Remedy OnDemand
You can integrate TrueSight Infrastructure Management or ProactiveNet with Remedy OnDemand using the HPD_IncidentServiceInterface web service. For information about using the web service, see Integrating directly with Remedy ITSM using web services.
This integration supports Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 of service resolution. For information about the service resolution levels, see BMC Service Resolution levels.
Remedy OnDemand hybrid environment
Using a sample scenario, the following diagram illustrates the information flow in a hybrid SaaS environment. For example, ProactiveNet is installed as an on-premises product, whereas Remedy is hosted in a SaaS environment.
- ProactiveNet detects a degradation in the response time of a router.
- An alert is triggered and routed to ProactiveNet.
- Using the event and the CI information, an Infrastructure incident is created in Remedy OnDemand through the web service.
The Incident ID is sent back to ProactiveNet.
For information about importing the required SSL certificates, see Importing SSL certificates.
ProactiveNet pulls the incident information from Remedy ITSM through the HPD_OutbouboundEventInterface web service. For more information, see Using HPD_ IncidentOutboundEvent web service.
- An IncidentInfo event is created.
- Router issue is resolved and the corresponding event is closed in ProactiveNet.
- The IncidentInfo event is closed and the details are sent to Remedy OnDemand.
- A Service Desk technician closes the incident.
For information about how CIs are discovered before being published to CMDB, see http://www.tideway.com/confluence/display/WRK/Preparing+BMC+Atrium+CMDB+for+synchronization.
Configuring the integration between TrueSight Infrastructure Management or ProactiveNet and Remedy OnDemand
Ensure that you have installed the BMC Gateway Client SuiteKit 1.0.00 before proceeding with this integration. Contact your Remedy OnDemand administrator for the Gateway Client installer and the relevant instructions.
After you install BMC Service Resolution, you must configure the integration between ProactiveNet and Incident Management. This integration involves the following activities:
- Publish the CI information from CMDB to ProactiveNet. See Integrate CMDB with BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management/BMC ProactiveNet.
- Integrate ProactiveNet with Remedy OnDemand. See Integrate BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management/BMC ProactiveNet with Remedy OnDemand.
To integrate CMDB with ProactiveNet
In this procedure, specifying values for UDDI fields is optional.
- Open the ProactiveNet operator console.
- Click Options > Administration > Integrations with other BMC products.
- Click the Edit link.
Select the BMC AR Server/CMDB check box and enter the values in the following fields:
Input field Description
AR Server Hostname
Enter the server name of the AR System Remedy OnDemand server.
For Helix or Rod, enter onbmc-s as the hostname.
Note: Ensure that the host name in this field is the name of the local client gateway that you have configured to integrate with the Remedy OnDemand system.
AR Server Port
Enter the configured port number of the Remedy OnDemand server.
Enter the same port number that you have configured in the AR API port for development field when configuring the local client gateway.
AR Server User
Enter the Remedy OnDemand user name required to log on to the AR System server. The default is Demo. This user must have Administrative privileges.
Note: Ensure that the AR System server user name is the name of the Remedy OnDemand user name.
AR Server Password
Enter the password required to log on to the Remedy OnDemand server.
Select Single Server or Multiple Server depending on whether you installed ProactiveNet on a single server or multiple server environment. If you select Multiple Server, the
Enterpriseparameter in the pserver.conf file is set to
Trueotherwise, it is set to
Enterpriseparameter enables (T) or disables (F) the enterprise mode of operation.
(Optional) Enter the host name of the UDDI registry for Atrium CMDB or the name of the Atrium Web Services Server.
(Optional) Enter the port number of the UDDI registry for CMDB or the port number of Atrium Web Services server for CMDB.
(Optional) Enter the UDDI registry user name. The default is admin.
UDDI Password (Optional) Enter the UDDI registry password.
BMC ProactiveNet Server Protocol
Select the application protocol. The default protocol is http.
- Logs for the CMDB integration are in the integrate_atrium_cmdb.log located at installationDirectory/pw/pronto/logs.
- If UDDI is configured for HTTPS, set
bmc.uddi.registryserver.secure.enabled=truein the pw\custom\conf\pronet.conf file and restart JServer.
See the following topics in the TrueSight Infrastructure Management 10.0 online documentation:
To integrate ProactiveNet with Remedy OnDemand
Click the Service Desk Integration check box.
Do not select the BMC Remedy Service Desk check box.
Enter values in the following fields:
Input field Description AR Server Hostname Enter the Remedy OnDemand server name AR Server Port Enter the AR server port number AR Server User Enter the AR server user name AR Server Password Enter the password MidTier Server Hostname Enter the Remedy Mid Tier server hostname MidTier Server Port Enter the configured port number. 443 is the default Remedy Mid Tier server port. MidTier Server Protocol Select HTTPS as the Remedy Mid Tier server protocol
- Click Apply.
- Import valid SSL certificates to the BMC_ProactiveNet_HOME\pronto\conf\pnserver.ks and BMC_ProactiveNet_HOME \jre\lib\security\cacerts folders. Run the following commands in the order shown below to import the certificates:
<installation_directory>\TrueSight\pw\pronto\conf>"<installation_directory>\TrueSight\pw\jre\bin\keytool" -import -file Rod-onbmccom.crt -keystore pnserver.ks -alias mykey02
<installation_directory>\TrueSight\pw\jre\lib\security>keytool -import -keystore cacerts -file Rod-onbmccom.crt -alias mykey02