Integrating TrueSight Infrastructure Management or ProactiveNet with BMC Remedyforce
You can integrate ProactiveNet or TrueSight Infrastructure Management with BMC Remedyforce using generic Salesforce APIs to create and update an incident. You can access the Salesforce APIs using the Partner WSDL. For information about using the web service, see .
This integration supports Level 1 of service resolution. For information about these levels, see BMC Service Resolution levels.
Integration with BMC Remedyforce
Using a sample scenario, the following diagram illustrates the information flow from ProactiveNet/TrueSight Infrastructure Management to BMC Remedyforce.
- ProactiveNet/TrueSight Infrastructure Management detects a degradation in the response time of a router.
- An alert is triggered and routed to ProactiveNet/TrueSight Infrastructure Management.
- An event incident is created through the transport mechanism based on the event and the relevant operational categories.
- BMC Remedyforce creates an incident through the Partner WSDL.
- The router issue is fixed.
- The event in ProactiveNet/TrueSight Infrastructure Management is closed.
The incident is closed as the original event is closed in ProactiveNet/TrueSight Infrastructure Management.
Incident information and its modifications are not sent back to ProactiveNet/TrueSight Infrastructure Management from RemedyForce.
Configuring the integration between TrueSight Infrastructure Management (version 11.3.03 or earlier) or ProactiveNet and BMC Remedyforce
Do the following:
- In TrueSight Infrastructure Management or ProactiveNet, open the operator console.
Click Options > Administration > Integrations with other BMC products.
- Click the Edit link.
- Under Integrations, select the Service Desk Integration check box.
- In the Service Desk Integration area, clear the BMC Remedy Service Desk check box.
- In the User Name field, enter your BMC Remedyforce account user name.
- In the Password field, enter your account password.
- In the Security Key field, enter the encrypted security key provided for your BMC Remedyforce account.
- Click Apply.
Note: Working with the sandbox environment
If you want to work with the RemedyForce sandbox environment, add the following in the <install_directory>\TrueSight\pw\integrations\ibrsd\conf\IBRSD.conf file:
Configuring the integration between TrueSight Infrastructure Management version 11.3.04 or later and BMC Remedyforce
Do the following:
- MultiExcerpt named 'RemForce_int' was not found
Customizing the integration between TrueSight Infrastructure Management 11.3.03 or earlier or ProactiveNet and BMC Remedyforce
BMC recommends that after you configure the integration, you perform certain customizations in TrueSight Infrastructure Management or ProactiveNet so that information exchanged during the incident lifecycle is consistent between TrueSight Infrastructure Management or ProactiveNet and BMC Remedyforce. If you do not perform these customizations, the values provided in the RemedyForceDefaultMapping.map will be considered for incident urgency, impact, category, and status and if this does not match with the values used in BMC Remedyforce, it might result in inconsistency.
Note: IBRSD references in documentation
IBRSD is deprecated from TrueSight Operations Managment 10.7 onwards. However, the IBRSD gateway is still used with the BMC Service Resolution configuration. Therefore, references to IBRSD are still present in the documentation.
To perform the customization
- In a text editor, open and edit the RemedyForceDefaultMapping.map located in the <ibrsdHome>\conf directory.
- For the following slots, update the slot information with that of the information as customized in BMC Remedyforce.
For example, for Category, enter the database and network values shown in the box in the following image:
(Optional) By default, when an event is closed in TrueSight, its incident status in RemedyForce is set to Completed. If you want set the status as Closed, do the following:
- Go to the <TrueSight Infrastructure Management installed directory>pw\integrations\ibrsd\conf directory.
- In the RemedyForceDefaultMapping.map file, under the MapName (BEMUseCaseMOD) section, change Completed to Closed:
(Optional) To use a template during incident creation, specify the Template ID in the Template property under the MapName (BEMUseCaseNEW) section.
For example, change the following line:
#Template=<name of template>
Template==”Server Request Template”
(Optional) To automatically close incidents, change
CLOSED -> COMPLETEDto
CLOSED -> CLOSED.
Save the file.
Restart the Service Desk Integration Gateway process.
Configuring TrueSight Infrastructure Management to send additional slots to BMC Remedyforce
By default, Infrastructure Management sends details (slot values) of status, priority, message, and impact. With version 11.3.03 of TrueSight Infrastructure Management and version 20.19.02 of BMC Remedyforce, Infrastructure Management can send additional event details to BMC Remedyforce. These details are updated in the incident on BMC Remedyforce.
To send these additional slots from Infrastructure Management to BMC Remedyforce, perform the following configuration steps.
Before you begin
On Remedyforce, add the new (or custom) fields for the slots that you want to send.
To configure additional event slots on Infrastructure Management
Go to <install_directory>\TrueSight\pw\integrations\ibrsd\conf and edit the RemedyforceDefaultMapping.map file.
Based on whether you want to update slots in a new incident or update an existing incident, proceed as follows:
Update slots in a new incident: Under the
MapName=BEMUseCaseNEWsection, add the additional slot details (from the .baroc file) and save the file.
Update slots in an existing incident: Under the
MapName=BEMUseCaseMODsection, add the additional slot details (from the .baroc file) and save the file.
Go to <install_directory>\TrueSight\pw\integrations\EventIntegrator and edit the intelligentticketting.properties file.
Based on whether you want to update the out-of-the-box or custom fields in BMC Remedyforce, do one of the following and save the file:
Update out-of-the-box fields: Locate and update the
remedyforce.oob.fields=<RemedyforceOOTBFieldNames>property and save the file. The value can be a comma-separated list.
Update custom fields: Locate and update the
remedyforce.custom.fields=<RemedyforceCustomFieldNames>property and save the file. The value can be a comma-separated list. The value can be a comma-separated list.
Based on your operating system, restart one of the following services:
(Windows) Service Desk Integration Gateway (SDIG)