Installing BMC Service Resolution for TrueSight Infrastructure Management or ProactiveNet
This topic provides instructions to install BMC Service Resolution 3.5. BMC Service Resolution is a solution for the constituent products: Remedy IT Service Management (Remedy ITSM) and TrueSight Infrastructure Management or ProactiveNet.
The following topics are provided:
Before you begin
- Review the Installation process overview.
- Ensure that your environment meets the requirements specified in supported products and versions.
- Open the network ports described in Network ports.
- You must have completed the tasks described in Preparing for installation.
Take a snapshot of your current working system before running the BMC Service Resolution setup.
If you are using a Solaris computer:
Ensure that following environment variables are set:
- Edit the .bmc_profile file and add the following entries:
- export MCELL_HOME="/usr/pw/server"
- export IBRSD_HOME="/usr/pw/integrations/ibrsd"
Ensure that the default %TEMP% directory has sufficient space for the installation. If not, increase the available space or change the temporary location.
(The installer does not use the InstallAnywhere framework and is not affected by the IATEMPDIR system variable.)
To install BMC Service Resolution for ProactiveNet or TrueSight Infrastructure Management and TrueSight Presentation Server
If you are using ProactiveNet 9.5 SP2, before proceeding with this installation, ensure that you have ProactiveNet 9.5 SP2 with the latest hotfix installed.
Download the installation program from the BMC Electronic Product Download site, or navigate to the installation directory on the CD.
Unzip the installer file:
(Linux) BPPM_BSR_3.5.01_Installer_Linux.zip using the following command:
gunzip -c BPPM_BSR_3.5.01_Installer_Linux.tar.gz |tar xvf -
Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Install the service pack on the ProactiveNet or TrueSight Infrastructure Management server and TrueSight Presentation Server:
- Start the installer.
(Windows) Run Setup.exe.
(UNIX) Run the chmod -R 755 * command.
Ensure that the non-root user has permissions has r/w permissions to the /etc/bmc.profile file.
- Right-click the Setup application and click Run as Administrator.
- In the Welcome window, click Next.
- In the Installation Review pane, review the list of features and click Install.
After the installation is complete, in the Installation Review Summary window, click View Log to review any severe errors or warnings in the log.
The installation log file BPPM_BSR35_install_log.txt is located in the %TEMP% directory on your computer.
Close the log file.
- To exit the installer, click Done.
- Start the installer.
- If Transport Layer Security (TLS) is enabled on an Infrastructure Management cell, in the <installation_home>\integrations\ibrsd\conf\ibrsd.dir file, make the following change:
cell pncell_<TSIM_HOSTNAME> mc <TSIM_HOSTNAME>:1828
cell pncell_<TSIM_HOSTNAME> *TLS <TSIM_HOSTNAME>:1828
To verify the installation
On the TrueSight Infrastructure Management server:
- At the command prompt, run the following command:
- Verify that the installed version is 3.5.01
To configure BMC Service Resolution in multiserver deployment model of ProactiveNet
For information about the multiserver deployment model, see from the ProactiveNet 9.6 online documentation.
When implementing BMC Service Resolution, you must perform the following tasks:
- Install BMC Service Resolution on the Central Server and child servers.
- (Optional) Integrate the Central Server and child servers with Remedy ITSM. See or .
- If you do not want to integrate the Central Server with Remedy ITSM, but you want to receive incident information from the Remedy ITSM server, you must register the Central Server with the Remedy ITSM server.
For details about the flow of information in this deployment model, see Configuring BMC Service Resolution in multi server deployment of BMC ProactiveNet.